Friday, February 13, 2009

Thanks # 3

When I was about to leave, people asked me where I was going to stay during my first days here in Calgary. I tried to explain but nobody seemed to believe me. The conversation was something like this:

- Where are you staying when you first arrive in Calgary?
- I´ll be staying at a Brazilian´s house.
- Cool! When did you meet him?
- To be honest, I haven´t met him yet.
- Ah, I got it. You are going to meet each other there, at your arrival, right?
- No, he won´t be there. He will be here in Brazil.
- And who is going to be there when you arrive then?
- Nobody. He is going to leave the keys with a friend of his and I´ll be by myself until I find a place for me.
- Let me see... This guy doesn´t know you, he won´t be there and he will let you in his house alone??....hummmm
- That´s right.... and he is going to leave me a car GPS, his daughter´s mobile and his computer password as well.
- Aham... I see you later...

And the guy would leave without believing in a single word I had said. And you? Would you believe that?

CELSO AND CLAUDIA.... THANKS FOR TRUSTING ME. I COULD NEVER PUT DOWN IN WORDS HOW THANKFUL I AM.



Quando me perguntavam onde eu ia ficar ao chegar aqui em Calgary eu tentava explicar mas ninguém acreditava em mim. O diálogo era mais ou menos assim:

- Onde você vai ficar quando chegar lá?
- Na casa de um brasileiro.
- Que legal! Onde você o conheceu?
- Para falar a verdade, eu não o conheci ainda.
- Ah, entendi. Você vai conhecê-lo lá, na chegada, certo?
- Não, ele não estará lá. Ele estará aqui no Brasil.
- E quem vai te receber na casa então?
- Ninguém, ele vai deixar a chave da casa com um amigo dele e eu vou ficar lá sozinho até encontrar um local para mim.
- Sei... Não te conhece, não vai estar lá e vai deixar você ficar na casa dele sozinho...hummmmm
- É isso aí... E ainda vai me deixar o GPS, o celular da filha dele e a senha do computador.
- Aham... Entendi... A gente se fala mais tarde então...

E o cara ia embora sem acreditar em nada do que eu havia dito. E você? Acreditaria??

CELSO E CLAUDIA... OBRIGADO PELA CONFIANÇA
NADA DO QUE EU DISSER VAI EXPRESSAR O TAMANHO DA MINHA GRATIDÃO.

No comments: